What are Dental Implants?
If you are missing one or more teeth, dental implants may be an option for you. A dental implant is a long-term solution aimed at replacing your missing tooth (or teeth) with a prosthetic tooth to restore esthetics and function.
A dental implant consists of:
- A titanium screw that is anchored in the jaw bone. This takes the place of the original natural tooth root.
- A crown, which is connected to the top of implant via an abutment.
Dental implants can be used to anchor and support a bridge and in suitable cases, implants can provide a fixed alternative to removable partial dentures.
Implants can also assist with stabilizing full dentures by providing attachment points for the denture denture to minimize movement of dentures while eating and talking.
Meet the dental implant experts at Lakeside Dental
The exclusive providers of Teeth on Implants®
Dr Ned Restom is a pioneer and leader in the field of implant dentistry. He’s completed accreditation through the Australian Society of Implant Dentistry, completed the Master Series in Implant Dentistry at the Brenner Institute, the Master Series in Implantology at the California Implant Institute, and has recently received the Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology (ABOI), one the highest achievements in the field of Implant surgery!
Want your teeth to look like this?
Why would you choose a Dental Implant?
For those who are suitable candidates, dental implants offer a wide range of benefits:
Convenience and Comfort: Being custom designed to fit and compliment your mouth, implants are fixed into the jawbone. They feel less cumbersome as compared to removable partial or full dentures, which can often be uncomfortable.
Esthetics: Implants look, feel and function similar to your natural teeth. Replacement of your removable partial denture with implants can help eliminate the appearance of metal clasps.
Maintaining Oral Health: Losing a tooth means losing the surrounding bone volume. Optimally placed implants help maintain bone levels and prevent drifting of surrounding teeth.
Are You a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants may be a good option if:
- You have one or more missing teeth
- You wish to improve the appearance, comfort and function of your teeth and smile
- Your jawbone has finished growing
- You have adequate healthy jawbone to secure the implant (or able to have a bone graft)
- Dentures are not an ideal option for you
- You are a non-smoker or willing to stop smoking for a period of time until the implant has completely healed
*Like all surgical procedures, there are risks associated with dental implants.
Smile Now, Pay Later with % Interest Payment Plan Available